Sunday, April 10, 2011

Found Patterns: Around the House

Found: on my bedspread. I like this because it looks Victorian. I like how the pattern is intricate, yet it only uses two colors.

Found: on a dress in my closet. I like that it's simple, yet pops because of the bright turquoise color.

Found: on a shirt in my drawer. I like that it's black and white. The pattern is seemingly random, yet works together to form a coherent whole.

Found: on a chair in my mom's room. I love that it has flow-y, organic flowers alternating with a symmetrical pattern. Also, it's got a great '70's ish vibe (I have a sneaking suspicion it really is from the '70's, but who knows.)

Found: on my sister's bedspread. Once again, this pattern only uses black and white, yet still remains interesting. I love music, too, so it's just a great overall pattern.

Found: on my sister's pillow. It's wild, and uses neutral colors to form an interesting pattern. It's a man-made version of a pattern found in nature.

Found: on a folder. Black and pink is a sweet color combination, and I like that the pattern moves together to form a large pattern in the middle.

Found: in the coat closet. Houndstooth is classy, interesting, and uses only black and white.

Found: in the coat closet. This plaid pattern is cool because it looks rather vintage. It uses a pop of light blue to balance out the neutral brownish color.

Found: on my sister's dress. I like that it's colorful paint splatters set against a plain white background. I also like that it's random but still forms a pattern (similar to my black and white paint splatter pattern). 

No comments:

Post a Comment